Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000VOQ
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard Boston Downtown/North Station, Boston, Massachusetts VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Turnberry Associates. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Direct the efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the property.
- Provide coaching, counseling and direction while motivating the sales team and maintaining a positive morale.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to, the Annual and Monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, Star Reports and Sales Meeting minutes.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
- Make recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Responsible for advertising and media scheduling in local market.
- Maintain an active role in all sales team hiring, training and development.
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Turnberry Hospitality standards of performance are met.
- Medical, dental, vision and free life insurances
- Paid vacations and paid holidays for full-time team members.
- Employer-matching 401(k) plans
- College degree preferred in Hospitality or Business field and 3+ years of experience in hotel sales, preferably with Marriott International brands
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic landscape.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of hotel sales.
- Strong ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, resolve conflicts, and multi-task.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Must be available for evenings and weekends for business reasons including attending business/social functions, entertaining clients and oversight of sales & catering client bookings and events.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.