Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000VOF
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Hotel EMC2, Autograph Collection, Chicago, Illinois VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at https://smashotels.cangrade.com/?jobs=share&job=eb308f6bc1fae57b5e4cb0a93ac3d798
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Environmental Community Development Co., Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Represent the hotel in a positive manner at all times.
- Meet on site contacts
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post event, encouraging repeat business.
- Generate proposals, contracts, set up deposit/payment schedules
- Effective use of tracking activities, tracing future contact outreach efforts and logging lost business for future solicitation.
- Maintain strong relationships and work effectively with Director of Sales, and Business Travel Sales to maximize revenue opportunities and account saturation.
- Actively seek new business opportunities for the hotel while being held accountable for weekly/monthly call production to meet goals, aligned by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Complete duties as outlined by the Director of Sales.
- Meet group rooms, food and beverage, meeting room rental and audio visual revenue goals.
- Follow prescribed Action Calendar in Marketing Plan to ensure
- your assigned activities are completed in a timely manner
- Assist in developing Marketing Plan for following year
- Assist in maintaining a team effort with fellow sales staff members
- as well as with other departments within the hotel.
- Respond promptly to all inquires, lead referrals, and existing clients; resulting in documentation of all communication preferably within 4 hours.
- Generate new business for Hotel EMC2 prospecting efforts and relationship building to ensure quarterly goal is met.
- Develop knowledge of the competition to better aid in the solicitation of accounts and network with industry peers to increase referral business.
- Follow-up with all clients before, during and after all meetings by up-keeping a current trace system through written, verbal and personal communication with clients.
- Review guest list in house/arrivals report to be aware of potential company business to target within assigned market segments.
- Participate in daily sales stand up meeting and weekly sales and revenue strategy meetings.
- Management reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
- Comply with hotels Standard Code of Conduct and all other regulations established by management and Employee Handbook.
- Be completely knowledgeable of hotels emergency procedures as instructed by hotel management
- Celebrate our culture of individualism, engagement, having fun and evolving Hotel EMC2 experience for every guest every time.
- 2+ years of Sales experience in a hotel, preferably in downtown Chicago
- Communicate in the primary language of the hotel
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and other team members
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
This company is an equal opportunity employer.