Franchised Convention Service Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000VJV
Job Category Event Management
Location Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, Memphis, Tennessee VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Schulte Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Reserve conference rooms.
- Coordinate services for groups and organizations holding meetings, conventions and other events on hotel grounds.
- Organize banquet or catering services, reserve video or audio equipment and plan any changes to the configuration of the event space.
- Sometimes, assist the catering manager, with any food and beverage needs.
- The main job function of the convention services manager is to ensure that all events run as planned.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Be very detailed & thorough.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Meet with representatives of groups and organizations to discuss what they have in mind for their meeting or special event.
- Sometimes sign contractual agreements and usually keep records of all communications in writing.
- They also meet with the heads of other departments in the hotel to coordinate any planned events.
- Monitor events and address unexpected problems as they arise to make sure that the functions go as planned.
- A degree in hospitality, restaurant management or hotel management can prepare one for a career as a convention services manager. And/ or equivalent experience working for a hotel.
- Event planning experience.
- Great Communication skills.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.