Learning & Development Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000VFG
Job Category Human Resources
Location The St. Regis Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Learning & Development Manager drives the hotel’s learning culture and delivers career development initiatives that translate into positive guests experience as well as career tracks for associates.
The incumbent should possess exceptional people skills, with proven record in developing training curriculum, conducting and delivering training programs.
The Ideal Candidate:
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a comparable position in luxury hotel operations
Possesses strong communication skills and able to interact with people across all levels
Excellent command of English and Mandarin; verbal and written in order to liaise with English and Mandarin-speaking associates
Candidates who are currently Training Managers from ATOs or with full ACTA certification will have an advantage
Familiar with local training landscape and a broad network of training providers
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Administering Employee Training Programs
• Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
• Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
• Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
• Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
• Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
• Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets
• Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
• Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
• Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
• Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Develops specific training to improve service performance.
• Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Managing Training Budgets
• Participates in the development of the Training budget as required.
• Manages budget in alignment with Human Resources and property financial goals.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Utilizes P-card if appropriate to control and monitor departmental expenditures.
Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
Models service behaviors that meet or exceed guest expectations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws