Franchised Housekeeping Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000VCN
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, Kansas City, Missouri VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online : https://ambassadorkcmo.com/careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Ambassador Hotel Collection. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Assist Director of Housekeeping in his/her absence to facilitate all aspects of daily housekeeping operations. Provide feedback on staff performance to Director of Housekeeping.
- Assist in determining specific work assignments for room attendants and support staff according to the staffing guides and occupancy rate. Distribute assignment, making any necessary changes as they occur during the shift.
- Ensures an attractive and clean facility for guests in rooms and all public areas, including offices and supply closets.
- Monitor the progress of housekeeping associates each day: ensure associates are adequately trained, familiar with company policies and procedures, cleaning to standards, finishing in a timely manner, comfortable with their job, etc.
- Make sure all housekeeping associates are in clocking-in properly in the time & attendance system and in uniform each workday.
- Assist in keeping payroll budgets for housekeeping associates in line with the departmental budget, reporting the daily and weekly reports accurately.
- Make sure employees have received quality control training as needed. Enforce correct use of chemicals and equipment as trained. Check all cleaning aids and equipment, ensuring compliance with hotel safety guidelines.
- Schedule daily special cleaning projects for room attendants and inspectors.
- Coordinate linen handling such as daily inventory and sorting, weekly and monthly inventories, clean linen distribution, soiled linen collection, storage room organization and security, and proper cart loading and security.
- Ensure that ready rooms are being reported to the front desk by 10:00 am and steadily throughout the day. All rooms are reported by 4:00 pm regularly.
- Comply with and ensure compliance with key security procedures.
- Ensure housekeeping requests from guests or management are responded to in a timely, efficient, & friendly manner.
- May perform duties of Housekeeper if staff levels are inadequate.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Word and Excel.
- Must have a working knowledge ofcompany policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Previous housekeeping and supervisory experience.
- Must have an aptitude for guest services and have a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Required to stand and walk for up to 6 hours per day.
- Ability to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch while performing duties.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel; use of hands and arms to reach.
- Occasional requirement to lift or move upwards of 25 pounds.
- Closed toe, non-canvas and non-skid soled shoes.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.