Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000VBU
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Suites Galleria-Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Olshan Hotel Management, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Prepare hot food items for, to include but not limited to, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner menus and the buffet for the Restaurant, Banquets, Concierge and Cafeteria if needed. Prepare adequate supplies for each meal period. This includes, but not limited to, stocking the reach-in, setting up the steam table, and preparing sauces.
- Prepare guest orders per each printed ticket. Follow all recipes, portion control and temperature standards as designated by the hotel standards.
- Follow banquet function event orders and assist the Chef during peak hours, if necessary. Assist with the banquet meal preparations including, but not limited to, making sauces, cooking, and assisting the pantry.
- Put away, properly seal, label and date left over items. Work together with the Chef to organize walk-in refrigerators, freezers, and the meat box daily. Ensure seafood is iced adequately.
- Assist in the daily cleaning and sanitizing of the kitchen equipment.
- Complete training for the proper cleaning, sanitizing, and storage for all kitchen equipment. Complete training for proper storage, handling, and cooking temperatures of all incoming and left over food items. Assist the Chef in training team members.
- Possess the ability and basic knowledge to demonstrate how to cross utilize food items effectively
- Possess basic knowledge of how to use and clean cooking utensils, stoves, knives, deep fryer, grill, etc. in a safe and responsible manner.
- Possess the ability to train team members in basic food preparation.
- Ability to follow instructions, methods, and specifications pertaining to food preparation.
- Possess the knowledge of or have the ability to learn all Health Department Standards concerning sanitation, cooking, and storage temperatures of food and equipment.
- Possess the knowledge or have the ability to learn about cleaning materials, chemicals, and cleaning methods and the ability to apply this knowledge to keep the kitchen at acceptable levels of cleanliness.
- Ability to work independently needing only minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform as a part of a team.
- Ability to concentrate and handle many tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing. Fluency in English not required, but should be able to read and understand food recipes that are in English.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful or emergency situations while effectively dealing with co-workers, some of whom require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Visual ability to read labels and recipes, handle equipment, and follow written directions.
- Possess the knowledge of or have the ability to learn OSHA standards for chemical use.
- Ability to use finger/hand movements for extended periods of time. Finger and hand dexterity, utilizing fine motor skills, to manipulate switches, writing instruments, small utensils, etc.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to move throughout the premise and visually inspect condition of equipment, and the building. This will involve bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting for extended periods of time to complete job requirements.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions which will be hot, noisy, and wet.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.