Maître d' - Berners Tavern
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000V4H
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The London EDITION, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The London EDITION represents authentic comfort, extraordinary style and an exceptional level of service in a uniquely individual environment. Located in the Fitzrovia neighborhood of central London, the property brings together the integrity and character of a historic building with a simple, sophisticated design sensibility to create a seamless blend of charisma and ease. With 173 guest rooms, a vibrant restaurant, multiple bars, event spaces, and meeting rooms, the hotel offers a dynamic social hub where guests and visitors can work, relax, and experience all the benefits of a home away from home.
Do you have a passion for hospitality?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you have strong OpenTable knowledge?
Berners Tavern at The London Edition Is looking for a Maître d' to join the team!
Under the direction of celebrated Michelin starred chef Jason Atherton, the award-winning Berners Tavern is a gastronomic gem in a truly breath-taking setting. We offer a contemporary British menu that is simple yet elegant, using the very best products in the British Isles.
As the Maître d', you are responsible for ensuring that a unique and original experience is provided to all our guests.
• To ensure the restaurant is efficiently booked, update the regulars, VIP and concierge list
• To update all operational telephone numbers
• To complete daily log book
• Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
• Train / develop new hires that join the team.
• To Supervise the Restaurant Host team
• Interact with guests and to be responsible for the first and last greetings. To build, maintain and resolve relationships as well as ensure that the restaurant is efficiently booked to ensure maximum revenue.
• To ensure that the hosts are undertaking their responsibilities to the best of their ability.
We want to work with friendly people with curious minds and kind hearts. Entertainers, professionals, charmers, and characters are all welcome. We want people who fundamentally enjoy working in busy environments, working with others and seeing how good a time they can show guests.
From greeting and seating them to presenting menus and taking coats, you will provide all guests that leave Berners Tavern with lasting memories.
We are ideally looking for a Maître d' who has:
• Genuine passion for creating an excellent customer experience
• Can multi-task and effectively react to changing customer needs
• Be a natural and confident communicator both face to face and on the telephone
• Be organised and motivated and see tasks through to completion.
• Possess a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
• Be an excellent team player with good administration skills
• Support the Maître d' and restaurant management team to ensure a smooth service
Not only are we an iconic brand that will shape and take your career to new heights, but you will also be offered:
• A unique opportunity to be part of an award-winning brand where we celebrate your unique talent
• World class training and development
• A platform to shine - we recognise and reward high talent
• Work alongside some incredible talent - award-winning, experienced hospitality professionals
• Discounted room nights, meals, uniform - the perks and benefits are fantastic!
EDITION Hotels is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. EDITION Hotels does not discriminate by disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.