Franchised Human Resources Director
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000UHL
Job Category Human Resources
Location The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, Savannah, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the Director of Human Resources position is to align the property Human Resource objectives with hotel and company strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success. The incumbent is responsible for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development at all levels and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner.They are the leader in demonstrating the Kessler Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Profitability, Enriching and Relentless at all times with guests and Grand Performers to ensure positive experiences
Areas of Responsibility
- Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partners with SVP of HR to ensure that property Human Resource strategies are in alignment with the overall company strategic HR framework.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Prepares personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Writes directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Studies legislation and other publications to assess industry trends.
- Partner with the Payroll Department to process payroll for assigned property
- Implements and sustains Human Resource initiatives at the property.
- Develops staffing strategy in collaboration with the hiring manager; manages the hiring process.
- Coordinates the Human Capital Review process at the hotel and leads succession planning at the property level.
- Creates development plans in collaboration with an individuals manager and assists with follow-up.
- Ensures managers are properly documenting performance, including progressive discipline and performance reviews.
- Champions communication throughout the property.
- Executes and follows up on the Grand Performer Engagement Survey.
- Keeps current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
- Conducts investigations when complaints and concerns are expressed by Grand Performers or are observed by Human Resources.
- Manages Unemployment Claims, prepares for and attends Unemployment Hearings.
- Trains staff on human resource policies, legal compliance issues, improvement of job skills, and other courses to develop Grand Performers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA)
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer system and HR related application knowledge and skills
- Ability to work with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives
- Ability to successfully surface opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
- Ability to serve as key change manager for hotel and company initiatives.
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Sr. Vice President of Human Resources
- General Manager
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent related experience, education and training - required
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title required
- Experience in the Hospitality industry required
- Luxury brand/markets preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.