Franchised Chief Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000UHF
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, Memphis, Tennessee VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Schulte Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Position Purpose To ensure that all maintenance functions, including preventative maintenance are following company and brand standards for compliance and safety.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures fulfillment of preventative maintenance programs to brand standards including laundry equipment, heating and air conditioning units, ice machines, fire extinguishers/smoke alarms, & plumbing.
- Inspects guest rooms after preventative maintenance. Reviews any problems with maintenance staff.
- Makes sure that there are current inventory of all supplies.
- Maintains a work order assignment program for completed and pending work orders.
- Prioritizes, designate, and ensures the completion of all work orders in a timely manner.
- Monitors all deficiencies relating to the property overall.
- Ensures the swimming pool and spa maintenance duties are performed according to brand standards and health department regulations.
- Oversees the maintenance of the hotel grounds, curb appeal and building exteriors.
- Assists other departments in fulfilling guest requests and resolving guest concerns.
- Educates hotel personnel on emergency mechanical procedures and safety precautions.
- Hires, coaches and disciplines direct reports.
- Acts as Manager on Duty when appropriate.
Understands Job Competencies noted below:
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Hiring and Staffing
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Quality Decisions
- Customer Focus
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
In-depth knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and general carpentry
Minimum of 5 years in Maintenance management position
Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.