Franchised Maintenance Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000U5W
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Ambassador Hotel Wichita, Autograph Collection, Wichita, Kansas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Coury Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Facilitates the daily maintenance operation throughout the properties managed by the Company. Conducts regular walk-throughs and visually assesses the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, restaurants, and all banquet/private dining spaces including all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
- Monitors properties throughout the year through detailed property walks/checklists to ensure budgeted and emergency capital needs are met.
- Informs the General Manager and Company department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structures, related systems and equipment, offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems or improving safety.
- Develops and oversees the preventative maintenance process and manages the repair work order process. Ensures all work orders are processed in an efficient, priority-oriented manner.
- Resolve maintenance problems, guest complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
- Must be able to paint, as well as drywall and carpet repair work.
- Responsible for cleanliness of parking lot, grounds, picking up and maintaining interior and exterior property, including all trash and cigarette butts.
- Monitors parking lot lights and exterior signs.
- Implements and manages procedures and practices that ensure quality assurance for work performed by Company maintenance teams, as well as outside vendors.
- Able to maintain all Marriott Quality Assurance standards and pass semi-annual inspections.
- Serves as a Project Manager of all major projects, including routine maintenance, repairs, replacements, renovations and capital improvement projects. Ensures all projects are completed on time and according to specifications. Reports on progress on a regular basis to Senior Leadership of the Company.
- Ensures that there is an adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials available through effective ordering. Orders supplies in accordance with prepared budget.
- Advises Director of Operations of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Serves on the Company Safety Committee. Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner. Be aware of hazardous areas. Works to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. Strictly enforces safety procedures.
- Assists with bidding out projects to multiple vendors and getting competitive quotes.
- Implements Company guidelines on preservation of historic structures and assets.
- Provides training to property leadership in all areas related to engineering.
- Ensure that all vehicles are cleaned, fueled and in proper working order.
- Manages maintenance and houseman staff while maintaining the integrity of facilities and systems.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director of Operations and/or General Manager. On occasion, may be asked to perform functions of a higher or lower skill.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate positively with peers and supervisor.
- Ability to keep accurate accounts of all parts and equipment orders.
- Strong project management skills/ability to create processes/keep deadlines.
- Ability to read and translate blueprints, electrical diagrams and schedules.
- Knowledge of codes and specifications. Ability to research and learn regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of general work safety practices.
- Knowledge in operation of power tools and maintenance equipment.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.