Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000TZA
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Southampton, Hampshire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Meon Valley is situated between Southampton and Portsmouth, just a short distance from the M27 motorway in the idyllic Southampton countryside near to Paultons Park, Winchester and more.
At Meon Valley no one day is the same, with an exciting blend of guests and events. Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, signature grill restaurant and extensive leisure facilities.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· With the kitchen team, support the success of the annual strategic plan and financial budget for the Kitchen department.
· Assist with the development of an effective Kitchen team to ensure that the operation will exceed Guest Service Standards as measured by GSS and giving flexibility to payroll management.
· Motivate and support associates to ensure that job satisfaction is maintained in all areas, as measured by the AOS.
· Support the smooth running of operations in the Kitchen Porter role
· Ensure that all legislation pertaining to the function and employment law are adhered to at all times, in line with Safety Matters and corporate policies.
· To ensure that all tasks carried out comply with standard operational procedures and hotel legal and environmental policies and procedures.
· Non Financial:
§ Liaison with other operating departments & their associates service
§ Liaison with other support departments & their associates.
§ Adhere to all H&S regulations
§ Adhere to all hygiene regulations
§ Encourage high standards
§ Encourage loyalty and long-term employment
§ Support continuous standards of cleanliness and improvement
§ Support Brand Standards audit check preparation
§ Comply with Marriott LSOPs and ISRA based audits.