F&B Sales Specialist
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000TXX
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
In conjunction with the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from a defined account base. Proactively uncovering new prospects for the Hotel, and maximizing conversion of business in line with Hotels’ budgetary goals. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative. Representing Marriott Hotels worldwide promoting the quality image of the company at every opportunity, and uncovering additional leads for the property as requested by Supervisors.
· The Sales associate is accountable for generating Food & Beverage business on an established account base consisting primarily of Key prospects and Other Active Files.
· Securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the food and beverage department while maintaining guest satisfaction.
· Marketing oriented and having the ability to prepare marketing plans.
· Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.
· Having a good knowledge in the market and ready to visit companies and get new accounts and business from them.
· Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
· Understands the brand's service culture.
· Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
· Follows up to ensure complaints have been addressed to the guest's satisfaction.
· Develops a relationship with all guests to build repeated clientele internally and externally.
· Ensure F&B Group bookings are distributed at least once a week prior to group arrival.
· Regularly entertain during lunch or dinner at least 3-4 clients per week.
· Achieve Food & Beverage revenue/ covers target as set with the Director of Operations.
· Enroll clients & guests in Loyalty programs as per targets given by the Director of Operations.
· Update all reports required by the hotel & Marriott in a timely manner.
· Be fully knowledgeable regarding the property, ongoing F&B promotions, menus and prices.
· Evaluate prospective client's overall requirements, check for competitor hotels used and evaluate the client's approximate business potential for our hotel.
· Following-up on all commitments made to a client in a timely manner and with all the details and services promised.
· After closing a deal, take personal responsibility for the delivery of superior guest service through meticulous follow-up, ensuring that the client is satisfied and that service standards have been met.
· Proactively contact customers for business development for groups and special F&B events.
· Successfully handles and maintain existing accounts by conducting follow up sales calls, telephone calls and entertainment.
· Ensure proper follow up on all F&B Bookings, groups and events.
· Prepare and send out the entire BEO’s / group F&B dining information sheet to departments concerned.
· Attend internal and external meetings required.
· Submit weekly plans and daily activities report.
· Conduct daily follow up telephone calls to potential customers.
· Conduct hotel showarounds for potential customers and walk in guests.
· Prepare and send F&B groups and events proposals and contracts to the clients.
Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Policies and Procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way).
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
· Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
· Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
· Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.