Seasonal Lobby Ambassador
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000TX4
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Schedule Seasonal - Full-Time
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We are currently recruiting for a Guest Service Agent to join our award winning Front Office team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. This role will be a temporary, seasonal role covering July and August.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
To ensure the seamless delivery of all Reception procedures and provide outstanding guest service. Assist fellow Guest Service Agents and concierge and maintain a calm, professional environment at all times
· Prepare documentation for daily business
· Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous reception of guests
· Record and administer arrivals and departures including cash handling
· Ensure the desk is covered at all times in line with business demand.
· Ensuring guest’s needs and complaints are dealt with speedily and recording as appropriate
· Ensure smooth hand over to next shift
· Thoroughly conversant with all room types, décor and outlook
· Be aware of daily functions, events, VIP and group arrivals
· To work in the Guest Service Centre when needed
· To carry out any other duties as required
· Strong communication with other departments, Resort Sales, Concierge and Housekeeping
· Strong relationship with guests and internal customers
We are looking for someone who is energetic and self-motivated and who has a passion for delivering great service in a warm professional manner and be able to work well under pressure.
Ideally you will have at least 1 year experience within a customer facing role, preferable within the Front Office department within a 5 star environment.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
· High school diploma required, additional hospitality training preferred.
· Extensive Knowledge of Internet/MS Office applications and related IT preferred.
· Knowledge of the Opera PMS is an advantage
· Starwood experience is an advantage
· To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
· Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction and be able to anticipate guest needs and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
· Must be a Team Player – Demonstrate experience of building positive working relationships and promoting team spirit.
In return we offer you a competitive salary along with several incentives as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.