Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000SGC
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To ensure the hotel’s credit policy is adhered to thereby providing optimum protection of the hotel’s receivables and collect ability to maximize cash flow.
To aim for current + 30 days aging for debtors to exceed 90% and ensure timely billing of accounts and maintenance of receivable records.
1. Balancing guest ledger daily before transferring unsettled guest balances to City Ledger, posting, editing and updating to accounts receivable system. Direct bill accounts transferred to the City Ledger must be billed on a timely basis, preferably the same day.
2. Balancing / posting daily payments and reconciling short payments
3. Research and respond to guest queries either by phone or correspondence. Disputed guest accounts must be resolved on a timely basis, preferably the same day. Staff City Ledger accounts – staff should retain a copy of all outlet receipts, which should minimize the number of queries.
4. Ensure timely billing of invoices and statements per credit policy.
5. Credit card billings must be controlled separately from other receivables to ensure payments are properly credited and reconciled with receipts. If Electronic Data Capture (EDC) facility used, ensure summary reports agree to amounts credited to bank account. Research and resolve central billing charge back.
6. Prepare and input journals for transfers between debtors accounts
7. Liaison with reservations, sales and front office staff daily on rates etc, to reduce potential invoice errors. In addition discuss disputed accounts and reason for same.
8. Preparing and distributing invoices of employee City Ledger accounts promptly.
9. Reconcile Advance Deposits for Banquets and Accommodation.
10. Processing of travel Agent commissions daily for preparation of travel agents cheque listings to be forwarded to the Citibank for -processing.
11. Investigate and respond to travel agents commission queries for Credit Meeting.
12. Raise monthly rebates for clearing accounts.
13. Raise monthly charges for rental accounts if any and ensure timely payment.
14. At month’s end, write off overdue after departure (greater than 60 days), guaranteed no show accounts and provide for travel agents commission and employee discounts.
15. Reconciliation of total City Ledger accounts to the General Ledger each month.
16. Regularly arrange storage of City Ledger documentation and appropriate Accounts receivable computer reports.
17. Record no-show billings and review on a monthly basis.
18. Treatment of guaranteed no-shows to be discussed with Assistant financial Controller / director of Finance who will decide if they are to be billed based on guest history, company, occupancy, etc.
It is not the intention of this Position Description to provide an exhaustive list of job duties. It provides a focal point to the incumbent in the hope that they will develop the job further. From time to time and in line with managerial priorities, it is expected that the incumbent will work as and where directed by management and in line with improving customer service.