Banquet Services Manger
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000SDP
Job Category Event Management
Location Aloft Perth, Perth, Western Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
About the Company:
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Redefining the boutique hotel experience, Aloft Perth, opened on 26 May 17, is a contemporary 4.5 star hotel with exceptional design, unique signature facilities and 224 spacious rooms. A vibrant social scene starts at the signature WXYZ® bar, hosting live music from up-and-coming local artists and sassy DJ mixes. An inviting lobby space; Re:fuel, the hotel's one-stop grab & go café, and the Re:mix℠ lobby lounge – a free-flowing space for relaxing and socialising. Dine at the full-service restaurant on site, and take advantage of an outdoor terrace, gymnasium, a swimming pool.
Eager to learn more, visit http://www.aloftperth.com/
About the Role:
Reporting to the F&B Manager , the Banquet Services Manager you will manage the floor operations and provide leadership to the team to ensure department targets are met. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
· Ensure high standards and SOP's are being consistently followed
· Guide and lead your team through larger scale events
· Walk the talk, be engaged and close to the operations side of the department
· Ensure compliance of brand standards
· Follow cash handling procedures
· Provide effective leadership to the F&B team to ensure targets are met and exceeded both for the hotel and individual development
Skills & Experience:
· Are you cool, confident and collected. A true team player, that thrives under pressure. You will take pride in your personal presentation.
· Good time management - ability to multi-task.
· You will have leadership qualities but are also able to take directions from others.
· Love working with fresh, local and interesting ingredients.
· Competent with MICROS Software or similar
· Hold an approved manager certificate and current WA RSA
· Hold a first aid certificate – desirable
Want to work in a place where energy flows, personalities mingle and opportunities abound. A place where anything can happen.
CLICK APPLY NOW!
Unfortunately sponsorship is not available for this full time position.