Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000RS5
Job Category Human Resources
Location Shenzhen Bay CY, Shenzhen, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision. Works with property leadership team to identify and address employee and organizational development needs. The position is responsible for ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results. Training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy, and customer service and leadership skills. Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops training programs and facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs. Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources or related professional area; certified trainer.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; certified trainer; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Administering Employee Training Programs
• Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
• Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
• Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
• Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
• Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
• Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets
• Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
• Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
• Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
• Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Develops specific training to improve service performance.
• Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Managing Training Budgets
• Participates in the development of the Training budget as required.
• Manages budget in alignment with Human Resources and property financial goals.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Utilizes P-card if appropriate to control and monitor departmental expenditures.