Sales Manager - Chinese Market
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000RDB
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/prospects/DMCs
- and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives.
- Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key
- prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
- Proactively prospecting new accounts for the hotel and follow the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and that the system is utilised to its full capacity.
- Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account.
- To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
- To attend any trade fairs and roadshows as a representative of the hotel, ensuring that the quality image of the organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the property.
- To take personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan of the
- hotels and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
- To actively participate in the morning meetings on a daily basis.
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
- Re-negotiation of SET agreements within budgetary guidelines of all corporate
- accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client. Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times.
- To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of rolling Sales Intensity
- Plan as agreed with DOS Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to DOS.
- To arrange and manage familiarisation trips and educational in line with business needs.
- Participate in marketing strategies and take responsibility for agreed projects, such as direct marketing, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns, in support of Marketing.
- Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in TLPE/Opera and communicating to Events Managers for further follow up.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.