Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000QT4
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, Shanghai, Shanghai VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for the ongoing efficient operation of Concierge department: Concierge Desk, Bell Service, Doorman, Drivers and Airport Representatives. To portray and operate the Concierge in a Professional Manner expected in the Sheraton Brand. Proper professionalism and concise and accurate information is always maintained throughout the section. To Become a member of the Golden Key at the earliest opportunity
- Bell person should attend daily briefings conducted by the Shift leader/Chief Concierge at the beginning of each shift.
- Upon hand over with another shift, all cases should be properly handed over and recorded the log book.
- Greet all arriving and departing guests with a smile and eye-contact
- Deliver and collect baggage for arriving and departing guests and groups
- Collect all guest needs and preferences for following up to ensure Butler Service delivery.
- Give guest an introduction to the facilities in the guest room, i.e. air-conditioning control, light switches, Safety box, TV, telephone, wardrobe, etc. when rooming the guest
- Check closets and drawers to see if guest have forgotten items when collecting luggage
- Deliver mail, faxes, messages, packages, flowers etc promptly to the guest room
- Record all deliveries on the designated form
- Internal items delivery and receiver’s signature
- Deliver newspapers to guest rooms
- Provide escorting service in related to assigned position
- Run errands for guests when requested
- Page guests in public area with page board
- Give careful attention and assistance to disabled guests
- Be neatly groomed at all times
- Accept baggage that guest may wish to keep in storage, issues claim ticket and record in the Record Book accordingly
- Have thorough knowledge of all hotel facilities and hours of operation, to be able to respond to guests’ questions correctly
- Answer the telephone promptly and courteously
- Maintain operating equipment in good working order
- Keep working areas neat and tidy at all times
- Identify VIPs, SPG member, regular and long staying guests and build rapport to offer personalized service and assistance
- Cultivate good working relationships with inter-related departments
- Undertake assignments as delegated by your superiors
- Ensure guest needs and reasonable requests are properly followed up
- Seek opportunities to continually improve guest service
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
- Raise and lower the flags daily according different seasons
- Abide by the STAR service system
- Abide by the Hotel’s Policies and Procedures, Starwood Code of Business Conduct and the hotel’s Associate Handbook.
- Assist door person handling traffic and parking of vehicles at the main entrance if necessary
- Escort Guests and visitors to areas in and around the Hotel.
- To assist in keeping all public area in a clean and professional presentations; assuring
- Never solicit tips from guests
Carry out other tasks as directed by your supervisors