Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000QRY
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare food of consistent quality following Marriott recipe cards.
· Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Practice safety standards at all times.
· Cook orders as requested, including special requests.
· Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
· Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
· Properly portion all items on assigned station.
· Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
· Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
· Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
· Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
· Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
· Train entire team about 70 and 30 point food hygiene rule and regulations
· Ensures all Marriott SOP’s and LSOP’s are implemented correctly
· Obey to Marriott business ethnic conduct guide book at all times. Ask if you are not sure
· Obey to the hotel’s established associate handbook
· Attend daily 15 min training within your department
· Attend daily F&B briefings
· Attend monthly departmental meeting
· Other meetings as required for his/her position as request by Executive Chef/Chief Steward
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business need.
· Good communication skills (verbal and listening and writing)
· Culinary Education preferred