AsstMgr-Food & Beverage I
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000QDD
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Matric; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- MICROS experience essential
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques within Room Service, Bars and Restaurant operations.
- Overseeing the daily operation of the Towers Restaurant, managing and guiding the Restaurant Supervisors, ensuring the restaurant is well maintained through staffing levels, stock control through operational and administrative policies and procedures.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Seek and maintain both guest and employee satisfaction while aiming to achieve and meet the Hotels Financial goals.
- Daily / weekly and monthly stock takes to be conducted of beverages and operation equipment
- Assisting with calculating of daily food and beverage cost of sales and immediate action on variances
- Assisting with calculating of selling prices to ensure an acceptable profit margin
- Industrial Relations: managing and correcting employee misconduct and work performance, provide support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities.
- Provides excellent customer service by responding quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Assists F&B Manager as needed with creation and implementation of checklists, assisting with audits and LSOPs.
- Maintaining effective operations by liaising with all F&B areas as well as other departments
- Facilitate the development of staff through the training plan in line with the Hotel’s standard
- Forecasting anticipated volumes of business to maintain sufficient stock levels and schedule STAFF accordingly
- Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the F&B areas are of the highest standard
- Assisting with implementation and maintenance of the F&B marketing plan.
- Safe and proper control of all Food and Beverage equipment