Asst Dir of Catering and Conference
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000QD5
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Doha, Doha, Qatar VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The position assists in the execution of all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales. Ensures the team meets the brand’s target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing event revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Assists in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Reviews scheduled events and troubleshoots potential challenges/conflicts.
• Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Works with culinary team to ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Assists with the oversight of Event Operations including Banquets, Event Services and Event Technology.
• Assists with the oversight of event planning team (BEO/Resume writers).
• Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Assists in the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
• Introduces ideas to leadership team to enable property to remain competitive.
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.