Franchised Conference Services Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000Q5H
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, Arlington, Virginia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at http://www.heihotels.com/join-us
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, HEI Hospitality, LLC/Merritt Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Conference Services Manager will create the desired conference and meet clients' needs through active communication, planning, and team leadership.
- An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
- Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the Convention Services Department.
- Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating Audio/Visual as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales is essential.
- Minimum of 1year within the Hospitality Industry required.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and ISAC.
- Knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.