Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000PZJ
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Wall Financial Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Aggressively solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through outside sales calls, tradeshows and written communication.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in Sales meetings, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Work with other departments within the hotel to provide above quality service to customers.
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
- Professionally represent the hotel at trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- Maintain booking information and complete tasks in Hotel CRM
- Up-selling unique events focusing on food & beverage, audio visual, dÃ©cor, and external services.
- Enter booking notes and information for successful execution of function, including trace notes for follow up
- Thank the client for the business on the day of event, and help to secure next booking opportunity
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales, Director of Catering, and the General Manager.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Catering Sales Manager, Convention Services Manager, Sales Manager or Event Sales Manager
- Previous Banquet/Food and Beverage Experience an asset
- Excellent leadership & guest service skills are required
- Self motivated, displaying strong initiative and independent decision making
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, a second language is an asset
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs as well as Hotel booking systems, ISAC & Lightspeed are preferred
- Previous Sales experience and knowledge.
- Ability to multitask while focusing on revenue goals.
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently.
- Ability to identify and develop accounts.
- Walking and standing are often required. Ability to exert a well-paced mobility to conduct property tours and stand for up to 8 hours at tradeshows or events.
- Must be able to legally travel to the United States with appropriate documentation.
- Must be available to work outside of traditional business hours. Will be required to travel, entertain clients and attend industry functions and events during the evening and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.