Franchised Assistant General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000PZC
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, Sandestin, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Howard Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Assistant General Manager Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Posted Date: March 9, 2018
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) leads the staff as coach and trainer in the proper execution of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Maintenance, and Food Service standards. This includes the assessment of staff and property by walking the site and managing the team on a continual basis throughout the day. The Assistant General Manager will hire team members, manage performance, communicate feedback, administer discipline and train the team in successful performance of their jobs. The AGM provides effective guest service and is responsible for the total site in the absence of the General Manager.
- Participates in sales calls and site visits with members of the sales team to acquire new business or close on business
- Reviews financial reports and statements to understand propertys performance versus budget and expenses. Works to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve performance
- Coaches and supports hotel team to effectively manage wages and controllable expenses. Strives to maintain profit margins without compromising guest or team member satisfaction
- Manages costs within the hotel, including supplies, utilities, food and beverage and labor expenses to within budgeted parameters, combining with sales/revenue acumen to deliver an efficient and profitable operation.
- Ensures service, technical skills and other training occurs throughout the property to support successful daily operations.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
- Establishes a presence with team members on property and actively solicits team member feedback. Utilizes an open door policy and reviews team member engagement results to identify and address team member problems or concerns. Ensures team members are treated fairly and equitably.
- Hires team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and leadership to meet the business needs of the operation
- Fosters team member commitment to providing exceptional service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and team members
- Demonstrates and communicates drivers of guest satisfaction; ensures core elements of service strategy are in place to produce the desired results
- Serves as a guest advocate for the property. Pulls together resources to resolve guest and operational issues and impact results
- Is highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels, and overall satisfaction
- Observes service behaviors of team members and provides feedback to individuals and/or supervisors. Continuously strives to improve service performance
- Reviews comment cards, guest survey results and other data to identify areas of improvement. Reviews findings with hotel team and ensures appropriate action is taken
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends. Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results
- Ensures that building is well maintained and that operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations
- Makes decisions and oversees team performance, removes obstacles to success and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results
- Creates a synergistic team and work environment that consistently delivers positive results and continuously strives to improve these results
- Inspires and motivates teams to achieve operational excellence
- Ensures policies are administered fairly and consistently and that team member performance is evaluated and recognized where appropriate
- Ensures property meets required standards
- Ensures property is a safe and secure facility for guests and team members
- Communicates and ensures execution of hotel emergency procedures requirements
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum of three years of hotel management and supervisory experience with proven success in leadership of teams.
- Strong hotel finance knowledge required.
- 1-2+ years experience working in a guest service oriented Food & Beverage establishment preferred.
- Prior experience with direct sales efforts producing at least 50% market mix of Total Revenues.
- Proven success in guest service results.
- Time Management skills to meet commitments across multiple departments and roles.
- Drive for Results demonstrated through successful performance in prior leadership positions.
- Action Orientation to work efficiently and effectively toward property revenue and operational objectives.
- Customer Focus to consistently deliver optimal employee and customer satisfaction for the hotel.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Hotel Management, or a combination of both education and experience required.
- Intermediate Word and Excel required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, project management and detail orientation skills, with the ability to multi-task in order to meet a variety of deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do positive attitude.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision required.
1. Business Acumen.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Project Management.
5. Financial Management.
6. Strategic Thinking.
7. Customer/Client Focus.
8. Time Management.
This position manages all employees of the hotel and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of hotel staff.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
The hotel is open and operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Employees are required to be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays. This position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is minimal and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Successful completion of background check and drug test required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.