Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000PWE
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The St. Regis Astana, Astana, Kazakhstan VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
JOB SUMMARY / POSITION PURPOSE
Performs key functions of the F&B and room’s management operations, administration and training for all staff working in this department. Focuses on all aspects of the management taking in consideration customer needs, and prevailing trends. The Head Butler interfaces with the Director of F&B to report on operational and personnel issues, including budgets, departmental expenses as well as updates and changes made to staffing, service sequences, promotions, events, challenges and successes. Needs to maintain excellent relations and communications with Departmental Teams well as all other hotel departments
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fluent in English
- Prior Hotel experience within a luxury environment. Experience Front Office, Butler, F&B experience is preferred
- Minimum 1-year leadership experience managing a team of 10+ associates
- Must have a good natured, friendly yet firm and mature personality
- Excellence in communication skills, both written and verbally
- Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Computer literacy is a must
ESSENTIAL AND SUPPORTIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide a professional, advisory and executive support service to the Director of F&B to assist in meeting the strategic goals of the F&B department and Butler Service outlet
- Continuously strive with the team to provide the bespoke and uncompromising services
- Monitor and review Brand Standards for the Department by conducting regular checks on the floor and butler pantries to ensure standards and consistency are maintained to the highest level at all times
- Implement strategies aimed at cost minimization, productivity maximization without reduction of consistency and Brand Quality Standards.
- Ensure operation runs within out looked financial framework
- Prepare relevant departmental operational and manning budget for coming year for approval
- Negotiate contracts with approved suppliers, if required and applicable as per corporate policy
- Monitor guest comments and Guest Voice (GSS) results to identify shortfalls and remedy service issues
- Maintain mini bar and in-room dining service standards
- Work closely with Purchasing department to ensure better products and prices
- Prepare roster for Butler department according to business needs
- Attend promptly to all guest complaints and requests, resolved and recorded
- Ensure that guest requests and preferences are fulfilled and recorded
- Effectively implement the F&B and Hotel objectives such as guest service/ satisfaction targets (Guest Voice/GSS), financial targets, revenues and profits
- Provide an inspiring example of Rooms citizenship, responsibility and resourcefulness by asserting, protecting and demonstrating the core values of the St. Regis commitment to excellence
- Ensure service standards are consistently reviewed and monitored, and in compliance with The St. Regis brand standards and 3rd party inspection standards
- Complete and update annually Standards and Procedures for the Butler department
- Conduct regular staff meetings to keep all associates informed of events
- Prepare work schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the appropriate industrial legislation
- Establish and maintain standards and procedures of cleanliness standards for all guest rooms, suites and corridors
- Participate in the preparation of the Strategic Business and Operating Plans
- Attend F&B, Rooms, Operational Departments and other designated meeting as required.
- Implement opportunities for quality Team Building.
- Maintain all Butler records.
- Conduct duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with The St Regis Astana’s policies and procedures, ensuring that the highest level of service and communication is maintained
- Conduct development and performance reviews, identifying key staff members for further development and structured career path
- Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that staff have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job effectively
- In conjunction with Human Resources, ensure effective selection and appointment of new staff members within the department.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to keep all the staff informed.
Adhere to the Company policies and procedures
- Follow all company policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace
- Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
- Report on changes in standards and on performance against standards.
- Complete an annual review of employee manual and operations protocols (SOP’s) and assist in continued development and refinement of this document.
- Effectively communicate and enforce company rules and regulations. Promote the MGS website
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional;
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information;
- Protect company assets
Provide Exemplary Customer Experience and Effective Communication
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards;
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs;
- Speak with others using clear and professional language;
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others;
- Support team to reach common goals;
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards