Franchised Housekeeping Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000PP0
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Fishers, Fishers, Indiana VIEW ON MAP
Brand SpringHill Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online at http://tinyurl.com/y89fpjlm
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee,White Lodging Services Corp.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping and Laundry. Assigns work to employees to ensure guestrooms, public space, and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operational and service standards prescribed by White Lodging Hospitality.
- Supervises Housekeeping Operations and Budgets.
- Assigns rooms to GRAs.
- Responds to pages and radio calls.
- Prioritizes cleaning of rooms and public areas.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all brand and White Lodging housekeeping policies, standards, and procedures.
- Verifies that guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis. Ensures an appropriate number of documented room inspections happen and are reviewed with the Housekeeping staff.
- Performs property walks.
- Maintains positive communication with the Front Desk and PBX.
- Utilizes a list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock and performs ordering to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Understands the impact of departments operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
- Verifies all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Runs the perfect shiftâ€ ensuring all tasks are completed.
- Ensures laundry is performing each stage of the 8 Step Laundry Flow correctly.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Uses all available on-the-job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary. Trains and maintains adequate certified trainers.
- Coaches the 10 Step Cleaning Process.
- Coaches the 8 Step Stayover Cleaning Process.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same with them.
- Participates in scheduling employees to business demands and tracking employee time and attendance.
- Administers property policies fairly and consistently; disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs)..
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an open doorâ€ policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Guest Scores Cleanliness scores are at or above goal.
- Department Budget expenses and wages are in line with budget.
- Associate Engagement plans and actions implemented and measured.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Good training/facilitator skills
- Attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of Housekeeping and Laundry operational procedures
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Minimum 2 year college degree required.
- Experience in similar leadership role required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.