Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000POI
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott Orlando Downtown, Orlando, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online at - https://marriottorlandodowntown.snaphire.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, United Capital Corp. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Identify new business that fits sales parameters by using a wide variety of means/tools.
- Prospect for new business through individual creativity and innovation.
- Produce accurate contracts, banquet/catering event orders and resumes within time frame set by hotel, responding to all leads and RFPs within 24 hours.
- Maintain accurate information in sales management tool (CI/TY) on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts and all activities up to date.
- Conduct site inspections, local sales calls and attend appropriate trade shows and client events.
- Negotiate contracts, up sell, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Follow proper event management procedures for event execution to include, but not limited to, Banquet Event Order creation, F&B forecasting, resume communication, amenity/VIP designation and room block management.
- Serve your booked catering clients and respond to questions about the event including, but not limited to, group room blocks, food and beverage, the function space, ancillary and vendor services, and related billing processes.
- Ensure proactive communication with other department managers and associates throughout the hotel to ensure seamless transitions occur and positive memorable experiences are created.
- Participate in weekly BEO meetings with other departments and maintain accurate and timely internal hotel communication.
- Create a dynamic and positive relationship with customer from sales phase through on site execution of events. This includes meeting the customer at the event to ensure proper event set-up and customer satisfaction.
- Take initiative to solve any problems by liaison with other hotel managers.
- Achieves all sales goals assigned by management.
- Makes outside sales calls, conducts site inspections, entertains clients, and attends trade shows and sales missions associated with applicable assigned market segment.
- 4 Year college degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years hotel catering sales experience for a major hotel chain or management company.
- Proficient in SFAweb/CI/TY and other Marriott Sales Systems is a plus, but not required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.