Franchised Meetings in a Minute Concierge/VIP Leader
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000POF
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland, Oregon VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pollin Miller Hospitality Strategies. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The MIAM Concierge/VIP Leader is a key member of the Sales, Front Office and Guest Services team and will work closely with the team to deliver exceptional service to our guests. They will be responsible for coordinating the provision of world-class VIP services to hotel guests. Directs the exceptionally friendly, professional, and efficient registration. Ensures prompt and complete satisfaction of guest requests in a professional and timely resolution of guest complaints. Coordinates, expedites, and monitors the delivery of amenities and services throughout the hotel for each and every hotel-designated VIP guest. Liaison between all hotel VIP guests and each department, facilitating communication and teamwork to exceed guest expectations.
In addition to the VIP responsibilities the MIAM Concierge will book, sell and maintain our Meetings in a Minute conference space. They will have a booking and activity goal that needs to be met on a monthly basis to ensure the financial success of the space.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Coordinates the exceptionally friendly, professional, and efficient reception, registration, and account settlement for all hotel VIP guests
- Oversees the satisfaction of all guest requests and the resolution of all complaints received by any hotel- designated VIP.
- Inspects all VIP rooms two days prior when able to determine any specific Housekeeping, or engineering requirements; coordinates attention to the completion of these specific requirements.
- Contacts VIP guests in advance of their arrival to the hotel to determine any special services required and then acts to deliver these special services.
- Interacts frequently with guests to provide assistance and ensure guest satisfaction
- Reserves space in meeting rooms using ISAC Systems
- Promote MIAM by doing outside calls to potential customers
- Familiar with and able to troubleshoot problems with the following systems: key encoding, call accounting, in-room movies, video checkout, electronic data capture, and PMS interface control
- Other duties as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Extensive knowledge of all hotel departments
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Excellent guest service skills
- Knowledge of computer programs utilized in property management
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Experience: Minimum one year of experience in a supervisory position at a comparable quality property or facility; Minimum two yearsâ€™ experience working with VIP services
- Education: Degree in Hospitality Management or related field or exceptionally strong technical and service skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.