Supervisor, Banquet Service
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000PL5
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Ensure staff is working together as a team. Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies. Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements. Set up banquet area/room, ensuring cleanliness and proper set up of furniture/equipment. Inspect and maintain table set-ups for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and company standards, and resolve any problems. Document pertinent information in appropriate department logbook.
Guest relations, assists management, physical tasks, general food and beverage services and banquet event arrangements are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance
- Notify management of maintenance repairs issues
- Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests
- Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements requested by guest
- Set up banquet area/room, ensuring cleanliness and proper set up of furniture/equipment
- Inspect and maintain table set-ups for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and company standards, and resolve any problems
- Follow up on special banquet event arrangements requested by guest to ensure compliance
Minimum Job requirements:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.