Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000PFS
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience in a 5-star property
- Basics of engineering drawing
- Ability to Troubleshoot and perform basic repair of in-room equipment, fixtures & appliances
- Good understanding of Electrical, Air conditioning, Plumbing systems; and Carpentry/Masonry
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical Tools and Instrumentation
- Knowledge of Lock/Tag Out Protocol, OSHA and other safety procedures
- Understanding of maintenance inventory and requisition of parts and Guestroom supplies as needed.
- Excellent ability to verbally communicate with guests (and co-workers) to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision
- Minimum Technical, Trade or Vocational Certificate/Diploma or equivalent
- Follow guest room preventive maintenance checklist to individually complete rooms preventative maintenance process for guest rooms in efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for Engineering related guest room requests and response in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all Work Order, PPM & General Maintenance works are executed, as directed by the immediate supervisor
- To keep Housekeeping / Front Office informed of issues preventing the sale of a room
- To familiarize with the operation of the Guestware enterprise system and check the system daily.
- To retain daily logs for all work carried out and spares requested/ordered.
- Ensure all the portable appliances in the room are PAT tested
- Maintain engineering area is safe, kept clean and in an orderly manner. Keep close coordination with other engineering staff for smooth operation. Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor
- Participate in departmental meetings and training etc.
- Assist in energy conservation program, as assigned
- Comply with hotel and corporate LSOP’s and SOP’s.
- To attend all safety and fire training and adhere to safety instructions at work to prevent any accidents.
- Serve as an active member of hotel emergency response team.
- Take active role in the TQM process.
- To ensure that you maintain a high level of hospitality and guest concern. Practice at all times “Empowerment” and do whatever it takes to satisfy the guest.
- Accident prevention and safety to be aware of all existing departmental job safety analysis and to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe working environment for himself and for others.
- Maintain high standard of GSS and Brand standard for guest rooms and related areas.
- To carry out other job assignments given by DOE or designate, as business demands.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.