General Manager - EDITION, West Hollywood
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000OMY
Job Category Property Leadership
Location West Hollywood EDITION, Hollywood, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Expected to open in 2018, the EDITION West Hollywood is the first of its brand in the Los Angeles area. The luxurious hotel will showcase 190-rooms with two rooftop pools. The hotel will be a world-class, luxury, boutique hotel, with a focus on unique and high-end design as well as trendy restaurants and nightlife.
Welcome to the first truly global luxury lifestyle hotel brand.
EDITION hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world’s top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service, to create a cultural destination that attracts in-the-know travelers, savvy locals, and the global community of the creative elite.
EDITION hotels are enchanting and individually crafted by the world’s top designers, architects, and creative partners to craft an experience that makes your spirit soar.
We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial General Manager with independent or lifestyle hotel experience who can embody the brand’s ethos with their individual style and sophistication. A leader who nurtures unparalleled service without pretense or limitations. An operational trailblazer who delivers outstanding financial performance while remaining true to the spirit of the brand.
Are you ready to step into the limelight and take the next big step in your career?
Are you ready for the next EDITION?
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• General Manager experience with emphasis on Lifestyle and Luxury.
• Property pre-opening experience
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
• Property industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Own the Business Strategy
• Stand at the forefront of the industry trend as a leader in this space. Actively monitor the competition and adjust dynamically to continually be ahead of the game. Set the standard for what other hotels want to achieve.
• Explore new business opportunities with an ever-present eye for the innovative and unique. Develop business plans designed to maximize guest satisfaction, profitability, and market share. And then execute those business plans with panache and a meticulous focus on creating unique and original experiences that are authentic to EDITION brand values.
• Translate macro-global strategic plans for the EDITION brand into a micro-local vision for the property, while always in tune with what EDITION stands for and is trying to achieve from a strategic business perspective.
• Always know if the business is progressing in the right direction. Use data and lessons learned to continually be better – not just for the property as a whole, but to challenge all employees to be better today than they were every yesterday before that.
Champion the Brand
• Give the brand a voice – naturally showcasing what the brand has to offer and its virtues to others (employees, leaders, owners). Easily translate a passion for the brand into a unique experience for both guests and employees.
• Personify the best values of the brand, demonstrating exceptional work ethic and service delivery for all employees on property.
• Serve as both a change leader and change facilitator, championing the need for reinvention to stay relevant. Constantly ideate the innovative, encouraging others to experiment and take calculated risks to improve outcomes.
• Dominate social media, nurture critical partnerships in the local community, and pursue a lifestyle public relations strategy that makes EDITION stand out.
Build Influence Networks with Guests and the Local Community
• Establish a presence for the brand and the hotel in the local community and builds strategic alliances to embed what’s happening inside the hotel with what’s happening outside of it. Build a buzz for everything the hotel and brand has to offer, not just in the immediate vicinity but throughout social media and other venues as well.
• Go beyond just addressing what’s not working, making sure to recognize the exceptional and continually up the ante for what defines best-in-class service delivery at EDITION. Know what guests need before they need it, whether it is a single high profile guest or a large group in town for an event, and transform everyday flawless service into an enchanting experience that keeps guests coming back for more.
• Build networks to consistently enliven the brand with a focus on key partners in the community that align with brand values – think fashion, music, photographers, etc. – those relationships that will foster a guest experience that is like no other.
Value Your Team – from the Top Down
• Build a leadership team of brand advocates who believe in what EDITION has to offer and are personally invested in its success. Invest in the leadership team’s success and development. Builds an environment where this is the norm – at all levels.
• Foster an environment where employees know they are valued, ensuring they are treated fairly and with respect. Build a culture of open communication, spend time with employees on the frontlines, and be available for them (“open door policy”).
• Monitor the local labor environment, including the competitiveness of pay and benefits, and partner with Human Resources to address issues. Ensure everyone has what they need– from work processes and systems to collaboration and teamwork.
Show Owners What You’re Made Of
• Build a strong rapport and open dialogue with property owners, deepening the relationship through proactive and on-going communication. Use every opportunity to further engage the owners in the brand guest experience, while also showing mastery of analyses and results related to how the property is performing across guest, financial and employee metrics.
• Masterfully balance owner interests and company interests, and develop solutions that create value for both. Focus on raising the bar, effectively creating and promoting ideas for improving property service and profitability to ownership.
Make Sure Everything’s Working Like a Well-Oiled Machine
• Know that delivering on the financial and business results consistently and effectively is table stakes, and do it well. All the time.
• Act as a steward of proper controls, ensuring property compliance with legal, safety, operations, labor, and EDITION product and service standards. Know that employees are always representing EDITION, and make sure they uphold brand and training standards each and every moment of their day.
• Walk the property to ensure that everything is being done as it should – from routine and short-notice quality assurance audits, to regular audits, to detailed walk-throughs – to confirm building, public areas, kitchen, and grounds are well-maintained, safe, and meet or exceed guest expectations.