Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000OJI
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, Toronto, Ontario VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak room parameters for Property Sales. Contracts and closes group business in addition to conducting site inspections. Verifies business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Achieves group revenue goals by responding to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are within the pre-defined peak room parameters.
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
• Partners with the sales team to identify new group/catering business and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Acts as the on-property liaison for group events over the Group Sales peak room parameters of the Sales Office.
• Develops group sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
• Works with the management team to create and implement a group sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers, and market.
• Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of group sales promotions.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, and overall satisfaction.
• Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Conducts site inspections, as required.
• Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotel occupancy.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Verifies successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses, and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Sales Office, Market Sales, Global Sales Team etc.) to verify the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during, the program/event.
Notification to Applicants: Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please contact Liana Carniello at 416-947-4838 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation as part of the recruiting process.