Mgr-Health Club/Fitness Ctr I
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000OJ2
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location Sheraton Zhanjiang Hotel, Zhanjiang, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manages overall operations of Health Club and . Responsible for guest and employee satisfaction as well as meeting standards and financial goals. Develops and implements marketing strategies for fitness assessment center and health programs.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Health Club and Operations
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Develops and implements menu of classes and services, including special programs.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Manages outside vendors.
• Orders and maintains necessary supplies and ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Manages pool areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness.
• Ensures all facilities are in appropriate operating condition.
• Schedules work/repairs as needed with the Engineering Department.
• Maintains and enforces safety standards and procedures with the recreation staff.
• Ensures appropriate fees are charged to guests and that proper cash handling procedures are followed by all members of the recreation staff.
• Manages operating budget.
• Assists with major equipment purchases.
• Provides special programming for holiday weekends and heavy transient time periods.
• Plans and implements special recreational opportunities for resort guests as business demands.
• Develops and implements marketing strategies for fitness assessment center and health programs.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Oversees all Human Resources activities in the Recreation Department.
• Oversees employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results, and ensures corrective action is taken when needed.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Hires, trains, and monitors development of recreation staff.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
• Coordinates all training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.