Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000OGC
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Moxy NYC Downtown, New York, New York VIEW ON MAP
Brand Moxy Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online at - https://rhgcorp.snaphire.com/?job=34048TLNT
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Real Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Supervises assigned sales staff: hiring, terminations, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and development.
- Qualifies all prospective leads.
- Participates and leads the rate and inventory initiatives, including but not limited to participating in franchise revenue management service.
- Oversees all hotel and franchise field marketing initiatives.
- Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce groups and/or convention business, to include Guest room, meeting space, services and Catering/Banquet sales for both the group and transient markets.
- Buys and places all hotel advertising within the guidelines and budgetary requirements as stated in the annual marketing plan and budget.
- Attends all high profile events hosted in the hotel.
- Attends civic meetings ensuring a positive rapport and relationships with area decision and opinion leaders including but not limited to, local chamber, convention and visitors bureau, rotary, et al.
- Schedules group rooms, conventions and business group activities at the hotel.
- Maintains liaison with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Assists the General Manager in the creation and update of the hotel's marketing plan and budget.
- Formulates and executes projects for all market areas as stated in the marketing plan.
- Develops and maintains departmental budgets.
- Maintains good rapport with area business leaders and local civic groups and companies.
- Enforces sales related policies and procedures.
- Ensures sales activities meet or surpass profit plan.
- Develops and maintains client files.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies.
- Works with the Convention and Visitors Bureau to control dates, availability and rates.
- Approves function space allocation for group catering and meeting bookings.
- Develops and maintains relationships with media contacts in order to maintain public relations effort.
- Stays abreast of competition and industry developments.
- Increase market share based on disruptive innovation and strategizing.
- Prepares reports as outlined including, but not limited to Productivity Report, Weekly Plan, Sales Call Reports, Market Share Analysis and Forecasts.
- Work closely with Food and Beverage and Rooms Divisions to ensure above average service levels.
- Conducts weekly sales meetings.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Attends and present data, as requested at all meetings with management company and ownership groups for the hotel.
- Interviews, hires, trains and evaluates all sales personnel as required.
- Completes projects as determined by the General Manager.
- To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Originate and carry out sales campaigns.
- Create new ways of presenting information that will attract peoples' attention.
- Speak and write clearly and convincingly.
- Frequently change from one activity to another.
- Understand how different kinds of people react to words, pictures and color.
- Work with all kinds of people.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.