Franchised Restaurant Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000OEC
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at www.pacificahotels.com/careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pacifica Hotel Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Opportunity Awaits on the beautiful Island of Hawaii... Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel currently has an opening for a talented Full Time Food and Beverage Manager to share the aloha spirit and strive to create a memorable guest experience.
Brief Summary of Job:
Responsible for overseeing all food and beverage operations of the hotel and restaurant including: service, administration and profitability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Providing services that are above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention.
- Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others;
- advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Analyze daily activities for all outlets, which include daily, sales, covers and operational costs and concerns.
- Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs,
- maintaining quality products in accordance with Company standards, providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
- Monitor daily food and beverage costs while knowledgeable of fluctuating cost of sales. Partner with Purchasing Manager to discuss prices and daily invoices of required inventory.
- Walking the Floor Daily involvement in customer service and hospitality. Maintains direct contact with all restaurant, luau and banquet patrons, and utilizing feedback for productive means in order to improve and enhance our positioning.
- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Supervising and managing team members. Managing all day-to-day food and beverage operations. Understanding team members positions well enough to perform duties in their absence.
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve guest complaints.
- Insures proper staffing levels for customer service goals.
- Is in the guest area during high traffic times to assist the F&B associates and to ensure smooth operations.
- Administering payroll edits, reporting and time & attendance policies.
- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards, monitoring performance and completing performance evaluations.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all policies, procedures and quality standards within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost effective and customer focused operation.
- Maintaining complete knowledge at all times of: All hotel features/services, hours of operation, daily house count, expected arrival/departures and all department policies and procedures.
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Interviewing hourly food and beverage candidates and make recommendations to Director of Food and Beverage and Food and Beverage Managers on new hires, pay rates and terminations.
- Responsible for purchasing all food and beverage items for restaurant with the approval from the Director of Food and Beverage following policies and procedures set forth by Pacifica Hotel Company.
- Ensure proper cash handling and tip pay out procedures are being followed.
- Complete all required reports in a timely, accurate manner.
- Provide assistance to other team members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department, restaurant and hotel.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
***Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time. ***
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Three (3) years experience in food preparation and restaurant operations. College degree preferred.
- Experience in hiring, training, supervision, forecasting, budget preparation, and cost control in food and labor.
- Proficient in training, coaching and counseling.
- Experience in a union environment is preferred but not required.
- Micros knowledge preferred. TB clearance card required.
- English speaking or bilingual.
- Ability to make timely, effective decisions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate work assignments.
- Ability to maintain good team member relations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective guest relations.
- Ability to manage multi-departmental operations.
- Ability to direct performance of restaurant and kitchen team members and follow-up with corrective action where needed.
- Ability to work long hours, 5 to 6 days a week. Dependable.
At Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel, caring for people and the community is part of who we are. Our comprehensive employment package varies by position, but may include:
- Free meal each Shift Worked
- Paid company holidays and other paid time off (vacation, sick, birthday)
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability Insurance
- Pension/Retirement Plans
- Gym Membership
- Employee Travel Program: Hotel room discounts at Marriott Worldwide locations, including Starwood Hotels, around the globe
- Discounts on food and beverages at Marriott Worldwide locations, including Starwood Hotels, around the globe
- Friends & Family Travel Program
- Reward & Recognition
- Learning & Development Opportunities
This company is an equal opportunity employer.