Mar 10, 2018Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
London Marriott Hotel West India Quay, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAPBrand
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW MarriottSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International, has 30 renowned hotel brands in 122 countries around the world, and we’re still growing. We celebrate the dreamers who make their own mark, and with good reason. Our founders, J.W. and Alice Marriott started with a small idea, a root beer stand. From there, it grew into a small hotel business, and then another, bigger one. Together they created something that changed their future—and maybe yours. A great career has always been a great adventure. Now it’s your turn.
Marriott West India Quay is a unique 5* hotel combining 2 Marriott brands ideally placed in Canary Wharf, provides convenient access to top attractions in London, including the O2 Arena, ExCeL, and Olympic Park. Join us here at the London Marriott Hotel West India Quay for an unforgettable experience.
What will be your duties?
We are looking for an Event Executive with group focus. The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maximize revenue, for the hotel through effective events and groups planning, upselling, and excellent event/group execution.
- Act as dedicated client contact through event/group planning phase.
- Ensure bookings are executed with consistent, high level service, meeting the company’s standards and the customer’s expectations to strengthen customer loyalty and increase repeat business.
- Prepare all documentation to the satisfaction of the customer and co-ordinates the bookings with all appropriate hotel departments.
- Work closely with the Front Desk, Sales, Events and Revenue Management departments.
- Upsell events and groups to increase total revenue.
- Carefully and accurately forecast rooms and catering functions to allow for better revenue management and increase total hotel revenue.
If you are looking for a place to learn, to develop and to share your knowledge and passion, do not wait any longer and apply for the position.
Why work for Marriott?
“Take care of your employees and they’ll take care of the guests” is the philosophy of our founder. At Marriott, caring for people and the community is part of who we are.
Marriott offers competitive compensation and benefits to all associates. At the London Marriott West India Quay Hotel & Executive Apartments associates receive:
Competitive pay and advancement opportunities
28 holidays (including Bank holidays)
Core manager training
Uniform & Dry cleaning
Meals on duty
Free night stay after probation
Birthday Voucher and 50% off for our Manhattan Grill restaurant, rated as one of the best Steak Restaurants in London!
Hotel Room Discounts with Marriott worldwide
Discounts on Food and Beverages, as well as retail discounts in our gift shops, at Marriott hotels around the globe
In the ordinary course of business, compensation and benefits programs evolve as business needs and laws change. Therefore, the benefits outlined here may be subject to change.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates upon interview.