Mar 08, 2018Job Number
Housekeeping & LaundryLocation
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAPBrand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
With the Director of Housekeeping or in the absence of her/him, oversea the entire operation of the Laundry department including guest laundry, uniforms, linen, and stores.
- Oversees the operation of the Laundry department managing guest laundry, associates laundry, uniforms and linen of the hotel.
- Participate on the training and coaching off all the associates working in the laundry department.
- Skills on managing laundry equipment as washing machines, driers, dry cleaning, folding machines, irons and all the equipment in the laundry and uniform areas.
- Chemical handling for the laundry.
- Stock controls and financial targets as guest laundry cost, linen cost, chemical cost.
- To attend daily buzz meetings, and participate in a proactive way.
- Team player.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good level of knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excell and Opera.
- Able to work under presure.
- Able to manage a multicultural team.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and comunication skills.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Experience managing a department Laundry Profit & Loss account.
- Drive for results.
- Lead by example.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with other departments;
- Embrace and value operational guidelines and brand standards;
- Possess superior analytical skills;
- Have the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines;
- Have the awareness of maximizing the returns to all stakeholders;
- Are adaptable to the ideas of different cultures, settings and situations;
- Enjoy working in a team setting;
- Do build lasting relationships with internal and external customers;
- Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and trends, in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies;
- Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
- Uphold ethical business practices.
Bachelor degree required.
PSYCHICAL CONDITION REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
Ability to walk for long periods of time.
Ability to tolerate any personal protective equipment.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.