Sales Executive (Rooms)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000MVG
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The St. Regis Astana, Astana, Kazakhstan VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
JOB SUMMARY / POSITION PURPOSE
Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Recognize opportunities to up-sell the customer and sell enhancements to create a better Marriott experience or event. Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing (e.g., filing, sending emails, typing, faxing). Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information (e.g., commissions, leads, third parties) in software involved in the sales process. Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g., brochures, promotional materials). Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, or banquet event orders). Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests. Implement the brand's service strategy and brand initiatives in all aspects of the Sales process and drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years' experience in Sales (same role)
- Fluent in English
- Prior Hotel experience and knowledge of Fidelio/Opera preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- An exceptional record of strong sales performance and a consistent leader in revenue production
- Excellent presentation skill
- Comfortable and confident in taking the lead role and managing a team and able to handle any pressure situation that may arise
- Self-motivated, hardworking and possessing excellent leadership skills
ESSENTIAL AND SUPPORTIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
Manages Sales Activities:
- Develops new business within the Transient, Group and Events segments as well as maintenance of existing accounts to ensure maximum delivery
- Participates in Sales strategy meetings, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales related meetings as required by the Director of Sales
- Arranges and manages familiarization and educational trips in line with business needs
- Plans and attends any trade fairs as a representative of the St Regis Hotel, ensuring that the quality image of the organization is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel
- Proactively manages a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum income in line with budgetary objectives
- Maintains valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensures all follow ups are executed in a timely manner.
- Proactively prospects new accounts for the St Regis hotel properties worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts
- In conjunction with the DOS, develops the sales strategy for the hotel, plans and manages its implementation, and is responsible for communication this strategy to the sales teams.
- Assists the DOS in planning, development and implementation of promotional strategies and marketing plans
- Creates and implements programs to achieve greater profitability through increasing average rate, overall occupancy and increased business volume
- Maintains knowledge of market, competition and customers.
- Responsible for sales department statistics. Supervises completion of reports
- Liaises with DOS in the delivery of specific hotel marketing projects such as production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns
- Maintains the St Regis Brand Standards
- Must demonstrate high energy levels in motivating the team and focuses the team on providing consistently high levels of customer service
- Ensures that the activities of all team members are aligned with hotel strategy
- Works with the DOS, sets annual revenue targets to all direct sales people, ensuring that they are clear on their revenue target and have a planned strategy to achieve their goals
- Updates team on monthly results
- Manages the completion of all contracts solicitations ensuring they are completed accurately and in line with budgeted guidelines. Ensures accurate follow up and communication to both reservations and accounting departments and confirmation to client
- Ensures that all members of the team utilise systems (Opera V5, Outlook, Kam, Startrack) to their full capacity
- Involved in annual departmental budgets and cost control initiatives
Adheres to the Company policies and procedures
- Follow all company policies and procedures;
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional;
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information;
- Protect company assets
Provides Exemplary Customer Experience and Effective Communication
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards;
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs;
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language;
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely;
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others;
- Support team to reach common goals;
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees;
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standard
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.