Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000LSD
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the banquet food preparation staff and managing all food related catering functions. Accountable for coordinating menus, purchasing, scheduling, food preparation and plating for catering events. The individual is responsible for delivering a consistent, high quality product with an appetizing presentation. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Ensuring culinary standards and responsibilities are met.
- Assisting in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays
- Attends daily Banquet Event meetings to review culinary requirements
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, system, or products, including artistic contribution.
- Estimates daily Banquet Event Order production needs.
- Manages BEO process including menu development, pricing, tracking and ordering.
- Communicates production needs to key personnel.
- Communicates regularly with employees to ensure performance expectations are clear.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Professional Demeanor
- Building and Contributing to Teams
- Driving for Results
- Planning and Organizing
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.OR 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.