Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000L0V
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Four Points by Sheraton Auckland, Auckland, North Island VIEW ON MAP
Brand Four Points
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With over 6000 properties, you'll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 122 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Be part of the pre-opening team for the first Four Points by Sheraton hotel, part of Marriott International in New Zealand.
Set to open Quarter 2 2018, Four Points by Sheraton Auckland will offer guests 255 modern guest rooms, with impressive views of the city, alongside an all-day dining restaurant, bar and lounge. Reflecting the brand's promise to provide what matters most to today's independent travellers, the hotel will also offer all of the brand's defining touches, including the signature Four Comfort bed, complimentary bottled water, fast and free Wi-Fi in all public areas, an energising breakfast and the brand's signature Best Brews™ program.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will play an integral part in our pre-opening team and enjoy the perks of behind- the- scenes access.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
- Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals in the 3-compartment sink to clean dishes.
- Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing.
- Sort, soak, and wash/re-wash silverware
- Prepare food in line as requested by the kitchen team including cutting fruit, vegetables as well as preparing meat
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
To be successful in this role, you ideally demonstrate the following:
- Previous kitchen experience preferred but not essential
- Interest in food and cooking
- Exceptional customer service with internal and external guests
- A high attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A can-do attitude in a fast paced environment
- Full time flexible availability, including weekends and public holidays
WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career and training opportunities
- Excellent working conditions in a fun and supportive environment
- Discounted accommodation throughout the world
- Discounts on food and beverage in all outlets of the Hotel