Venue Assistant Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000KJ1
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Bund Center, Shanghai, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To assist the venue manager in managing the venue as a successful independent profit centre, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, consistent with Westin standards, through planning, organizing, directing and controlling the food and beverage operation and administration.
- To assist the venue Manager in efficiently managing the outlet, according to the established concept statement.
- To ensure that WSPPS and Back to Basic standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To ensure table reservations are taken properly in order to maximise the restaurant turnover.
- To take a hands on approach in the operation of the outlet.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To assist in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To conduct daily roll-calls to associates on preparation, service and menu.
- To liaise with the Culinary and other supporting departments on daily operation and quality.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquires on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good relationship.
- To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To assist in the revision and updating of the outlet Departmental Operations Manual annually
- To maintain the Daily Log Book.
- To assist in planning the outlet weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that the outlet is adequately staffed to handle the level of business.
- To maintain the outlet bulletin board.
- To submit all guest/associate incident reports.
- To report "lost and found" items.
- To attend daily Food and Beverage Meeting and weekly Operations Meeting.
- To ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
- To liaise and organize with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
- To issue repair and maintenance job orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outlet.
- To assist in identifying training needs and plan training programs for the associates.
- To conduct training for the associate in accordance to the Annual Training Plan, in order that the associates have the necessary skills to perform their duties.
- To liaise and inform the Food and Beverage Department and Human Resources Department of all training sessions.
- To ensure that all associates maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To assist in conducting associate's yearly performance appraisals.
- To ensure that all associates report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
- To ensure that all associates provide courteous and professional service at all times.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of associates by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To assist in the training of the associates ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency.
- To supervise the associates within the department, ensuring that the correct standard and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To ensure that all associates have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel's Rules and Regulations.
- To ensure that all associates have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel's policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To carry out bi-yearly, inventory of operating equipment.
- To assist in the planning and organizing of festive and seasonal food and beverage promotions within the outlet.