Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000K29
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Prepare and service beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner. Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems. Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles. Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools. Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
• Prepare drinks for the customers and servers, ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand, and host guest experience. Ensure that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Act as the cashier for the servers when necessary.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas.
• Provide opening and closing inventory of spirits. Assist with inventories as necessary. Control costs. Perform opening and closing side work duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
• Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Marriott rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Must have knowledge of and be able to operate all equipment related to the outlet, including, but not limited to, coffee maker and cash terminal.
• Must have a strong knowledge of drink preparation and applicable health standards.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and Marriott policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.