Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000JDF
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles events with average complexity. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by upselling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Be able to supervise and train Event Coordinators.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Managing Event Logistics and Operations
· Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other associates, and ensuring accuracy.
· Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
· Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
· Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
· Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average assigned groups.
· Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges\ and/or develop alternative solutions.
· Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
· Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
· Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service for Property Events
· Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other associates.
· Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
· Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
· Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
· Follows up with customer post-event.
· Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
· Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
· Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
· Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Ensures hourly associates understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
Leading Event Management Teams
· Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
· Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average assigned groups.
· Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
· Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
· Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
· Assist Event Manager to handle average and complicated events/groups.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
· Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
· Observes service behaviours of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
· Assists in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
· Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
· Works with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business need.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
• Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
• Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
· Event Planning - The ability to connect with customers, detail events, upsell products and services, manage multiple customers at a given time, be detailed orientated, understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems.
· Event Services - Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures for proper meeting room and table set-ups, various meeting room and table configurations and the set-up of staging and dance flooring.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
· Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
· Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
· Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.