Finance - General Cashier
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000IG4
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
1. Collect in the presence of witness all remittances from cashiers & Accounts Dept in the Drop Safe every morning and reconcile the number of remittance envelopes against control sheet.
2. Sort and count all remittances from cashiers & Accounts Dept, cheque and foreign exchange in the presence of witness, report discrepancies for investigation.
3. Obtain and submit to Director of Finance daily foreign exchange rates from the bank; to update the foreign exchange rates at the Front Desk according to the bank information obtained.
4. Report to bank / authorized money Exchange Company on amount of foreign currency to be sold.
5. Notify Director of Finance immediately for follow up should there be a loss on foreign exchange for whatever reasons.
6. Prepare Daily Bank-in Summary.
7. Prepare bank deposits and ensure that all collections are deposited intact.
8. Reimburse Guest Service Agent for Cash Paid Out and Due Backs.
9. Distribute petty cash payment in accordance with hotel’s policies and procedures, business needs, local banking regulations and practices.
10. Prepare the General Cashier Daily Report for review by Income Auditor and Assistant Controller.
11. Supply enough cash and small change for Front Office & Restaurant Cashiers.
12. Balance owns cash float daily.
13. Request extra fund required to Front Office cashier for money exchange during long weekend and holidays.
14. Prepare extra small change for long weekend and holidays.
15. Assist in other accounting duties when required.
16. Safeguard of cash floats assigned under his/her custodianship.
17. Keep strictly confidential to herself/himself the safe combination numbers and the safety of the mechanical keys.
18. Follow all SOPs and LSOPs pertaining to General Cashier ,Cash Audit and Internal Control Policies
19. Have a complete understanding of the hotel policies relating to fire, safety and hygiene.
20. Ensure the compliance of Marriott Genuine Care Culture.
21. Respond to the changes in departmental functions as dictated by the industry, the company or the hotel.
22. Perform other duties as directed by management