Front Office - Rooms Controller
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000IFH
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES 責任概要 :
Assist supervisors and managers to ensure that daily operations are run smoothly.
Work closely with the managers, AYS, HSKP, RSVN and other departments.
Overseeing and training all new Front Desk agents. Assist RSVN to aware the hotel room availabilities. Check group resume and coordinate with other departments wisely.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Performs rooms controlling function:
a) Checks house status
b) Blocks IS rooms for day’s arrival
c) Coordinate with Housekeeping on the turnover of rooms to ensur availability of vacant clean rooms upon guests arrival
d) Liaises with Room Service on the delivery amenities.
e) Prepares keys and welcome folders
f) Follow up on “Trace” report
g) Review next day’s arrivals and blocks rooms any special requests: ear arrivals, specific guests(e.g. VIPs) and groups
2. Establishes a sound working knowledge of the hotel’s products and services as well as other Marriott Hotels and Resorts.
3. Liaises and supports other operational departments.
4. Take immediate action upon receiving any guest comments and to advise the Guest Service Manager whenever required.
5. Plans for unexpected arrivals and disseminate information in relevant departments.
6. Assists in other areas (e.g Concierge) whenever required
7. Attends Front Office Operation Briefing
8. Constantly updates on new promotions and events in and around the hotel as well as other Marriott Hotels and Resorts.
9. Perform any duties as required by the Guest Service Manager in Front Office.
10. Handling of overbooked situations with manager on duty and RSVN.
11. Maintain effective service in line with the Hotel’s Corporate Image
a) Company’s Grooming Standard
b) Standard Operation Procedures
c) Departmental Policies
d) Corporate Policies
12. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.