F&B Service - Banquet Service Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000IEL
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES 責任概要:
1. Follow all Marriott policies and procedures.
2. Perform all guest contact activities in a cordial efficient & professional manner; at all times maintain a commitment to guest satisfaction.
3. Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude among all associates.
4. Maintain a positive attitude toward the hotel & the job being performed.
5. Responsible for maintaining a high level of sanitation and cleanliness in service areas.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任务：
a. Maintain organization of banquet service areas.
b. Review menu/service (BEO) with banquet service manager and banquet chef on a daily basis.
c. Communicate any additional set-up requirements with head houseman and banquet service manager.
d. Coordinate all food requirements with the kitchen, including accurate counts for preparation and plating.
e. Coordinate all liquor requirements with the beverage manager. Be responsible for maintaining budgeted banquet beverage cost.
f. Assign work/functions to captains.
g. Directly supervise the work of banquet captains and servers and personally observe the performance of all catering service associates.
h. Directly responsible for the grooming standards and appearance of all catering service associates.
i. Insure that all schedule catering functions take place on time and according to plan.
j. Make personal contact with guests an assist them with any requests.
k. Supervise proper tabulation of all banquet checks and be responsible for insuring that all checks are presented to guest for signature.
l. Prepare or review a critique made of every catering function. All problem areas should be noted and either corrected or a proposed solution should be forwarded to the Director of Event Management.
m. Conduct “pre-function briefings” and attend weekly function meetings.
n. Keep copies of all BEO’s, along with beverage requisitions.
o. Responsible for control and maintenance of all service equipment. Write work orders as necessary.
p. Bring to the attention of the director of catering all materials and equipment that require re-ordering or need to be replaced.
q. Recommend new products and/or methods of operation.
1. Participate in hiring and initial training of all catering service associates.
2. Conduct any ongoing training of captains and service associates.
3. Prepare efficient work schedules for all service associates in terms of coverage and adherence to budget guidelines.
4. Responsible for the maintenance of discipline and a high level of morale among catering service associates.
1. Insure that all guest complaints/requests are handled to the guests satisfaction.
2. Responsible for reporting all guest and associate accidents immediately to the Banquet Service Manager so that accident reports may be prepared/further assistance may be obtained.
3. Responsible for maintaining ongoing energy conservation and loss prevention programs among service associates.
4. Attend all function meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.