Director of Services
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000I02
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure that assigned bedrooms, corridors, vending areas and other areas are properly cleaned daily. Inspect these areas daily and work with the Engineering department to ensure that these are done in a timely manner.
2. Work closely with and gain a working knowledge of Front Office, Accounting and the necessary aspects of Food & Beverage and Engineering.
3. Ensure that the Housekeeping managers, Laundry managers and the Housekeeping supervisors continually inspect their assigned areas and turn in their inspections.
4. Ensure that all reports are prepared completely and on time.
5. Ensure that an effective and complete training program is in use and that all associates are well trained and re-trained, as needed.
6. Ensure that Marriott standards are in place.
7. Ensure that local SOP is available, current and in effect.
8. Ensure that grooming and uniform standards are in place.
9. Ensure that the Guest Response Program under area of control is being followed effectively.
10. Ensure that the Hospitality Program is in effect and monitored daily.
11. Ensure that proper key controls are in effect.
12. Ensure that Purchasing manuals are kept updated and only approved items are purchased. Purchase Order logs should be maintained.
13. Ensure that accurate inventories are taken: Guest/cleaning supplies monthly, uniforms quarterly; linen monthly.
14. Ensure that all reports are prepared completely and on time.
15. Control overtime through good management and immediate response to problems.
16. Review operating statements and critique unusual overages and shortages. All possible efforts must be made to meet budgeted goals.
17. Audit and approve schedules, wage projections and payroll.
18. Involve the Housekeeping and Laundry managers, supervisors and Housekeeping clerks in as many administrative functions as possible to further develop them.
19. Ensure that all associates are hygienically clean and in clean, complete uniforms.
20. Review preventive maintenance rooms daily.
21. Provide updated descriptions for all supervisors and associates.
22. Ensure that productive and effective monthly department meetings are held and meeting minutes are published and directed.
23. Ensure that a process exists for an immediate response to all guest problems and guest correspondence.
24. Ensure that Lost and Found articles are stored properly and that the correct logs are maintained.
25. Always be professional and ethical in dealing with guests, associates, vendors and other departments.
26. Maintain division goals.
27. Develop and implement programs designed to improve the efficiency of the operation and which improve the service to our guests.