Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000HVE
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service and that guest needs are met. Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify and deficiencies. Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc. Inspect storage areas for organization, use of FIFO, and cleanliness. Complete scheduled inventories and stock and requisition of necessary supplies. Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety and well-being of guests. Assist management in training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining and motivating and coaching employees; and serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy Process. Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of propriety information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guest’s service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guest with genuine appreciation. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Areas of Responsibility:
Safety and security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
· Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., Evacuations, medical emergencies natural disasters).
· Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
· Complete appropriate safety training and certification to perform work tasks.
· Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
· Use proper equipment, wear and employ correct lifting procedure, as necessary, to avoid injury.
Policies and Procedures
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and co-workers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect company tool, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Address guest’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
· Anticipate guest’s service needs, including asking questions of guest to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest’s questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight and build trust.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Engage guest in conversation regarding their stay, property services and area attractions/offerings.
· Provide assistance too individuals with disabilities, including those who are visually, hearing or physically impaired (e.g. escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phone.
· Speak to guest and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Provide assistance to co-workers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
· Answer telephones using proper etiquette, including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile with one’s voice, using the caller’s name, transferring call to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
· Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with co-workers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
· Prepare and review written documents (e.g. daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
· Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
· Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities and technical and service aspects of the job.
· Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards.)
· Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decision and provide input on possible improvements.
· Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment and inventory.)
· Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
· Listen to hourly employees’ suggestions for improving how work is done, and how guests are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
· Collaborate with the management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance around guest and employee satisfaction scores.
· Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectation for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignment, hold development discussions, and construct and execute development plans)
· Collaborate with management to formally recognize hourly employees’ performance contributions.
· Serve as hourly employees’ first point of contact as part of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open door Policy process.
Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guest with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationship with other employees and departments.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
· Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
· Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
· Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety and/or cost-savings.
· Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
· Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Loss Prevention at the time of the incident and/or accident.
· Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedure.
· Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Document all guest and employee incidents/accidents for management follow up.
· Inspect storage areas for organization, use of FIFO, and cleanliness and rectify any deficiencies.
· Notify management of maintenance repair issues.
· Complete or follow up on work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering, or contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
· Follow property key policies, including checking out and returning keys to appropriate departments,
· Complete scheduled inventories (e.g., opening inventory of supplies, food, and liquor to check stock, and requisition of necessary supplies.
· Ensure staff is working together as a team to guarantee optimum service to guests.
· Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
· Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies.
· Complete opening duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, including bank, and ensuring work area is clean and everything is in working order.
Greeting and Seating
· Thank every guest upon departure, invite then to return, and wish then a fond farewell.
· Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipments and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist. Strictly follow the Blind Drop Procedure during cashiers closing.
· Carry out other duties on a as required basis
· Weekly Supervisor Meeting
· Weekly F&B Meeting
· Monthly Kitchen Staff Meeting
· Monthly Restaurant Staff Meeting
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business need.
Restaurant supervisory experience
· Skills and Knowledge
Independent, willing to change, holding accountable, can multi-task, detail oriented, effective in time management, focus for team building, shows high level self-initiative.
· Education or Certification