Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000HHI
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, Melbourne, Victoria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi Find Your World.™
Sheraton Melbourne Hotel is located on Little Collins Street between Spring Street and Exhibition Street, also referred to as the "Paris End" owing to its Art Nouveau architecture, leafy surrounds and proximity to the city's most chic dining and shopping experiences. The hotel is located within the 31 storey "wavilinear" building which features 174 deluxe guest rooms and luxury suites. Hotel facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, a spa with 5 dedicated treatment rooms, one all day dining restaurant, lobby lounge bar and a rooftop terrace bar. The hotel also features 669 square meters of meetings and banquet space over 6 flexible rooms.
As someone who prides themselves on delivering a good quality product, the successful candidate will possess experience in a Demi Chef or Senior Commis Chef role within a 4 or 5 star hotel kitchen, and is looking to further develop their career and become part of the growing Starwood family in Melbourne. With strong interpersonal and communication skills, you will have a desire to maintain the highest level of guest experience. You must be able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational skills and have a desire to develop your leadership skills. With the ability to work well in a team, you will have good time management skills and can work well under pressure. All candidates must have the flexibility to work a 7 day rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays.
The Kitchen is responsible for producing high quality meals for all guests dining in the Hotel’s Food and Beverage venues.
- Conduct all necessary mis-en-place in a timely manner while reducing/avoiding food wastage
- Deliver memorable dishes with a strong emphasis on quality, consistency and presentation
- Ensure the guidelines set for timely food service to guests are maintained
- Demonstrate responsibility and ownership of your assigned kitchen section and at times, work unsupervised
- Manage and maintain a clean working environment
- Ensure the hygienic and safe preparation of food within all food and beverage venues and actively demonstrate and comply with HACCP at all times
- Have a good understanding of, and adhere to cost and quality control procedures
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a vibrant and growing company. In return for your commitment and passion to succeed, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent benefits including:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, family and friends across all Starwood properties worldwide
- Spa treatment discounts at our luxurious The Spa at Sheraton Melbourne
- Associate recognition programs
- Discount CBD parking
- World class training programs
- Strategic career development opportunities
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.