Food & Beverage Attendant (Banquets)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000FLM
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World™
The Westin Melbourne hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city's bustling Central Business District. With a commanding location on Collins Street, arguably Australia's premier street, The Westin Melbourne preserves wellness in travel with a number of signature brand offerings including our Westin Heavenly® Beds, Gear Lending by New Balance®, and WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio.
Comprised of six modern conference and function facilities, including a Business Centre and the elegant Wine Room, the selection of function rooms can cater for small to medium events, conferences, seminars or banquets.
- Highly active front of house position involving setting up function rooms, organizing glassware, crockery, cutlery and equipment according to event order specifications.
- Serving of meals and beverages.
- To deliver personal and instinctive guest experiences every day.
- Maintain the cleanliness standards of the Banquets department.
- Uphold Westin standards and the hotel's policies and procedures.
- 6 months Banquet service experience in a similar hotel or function centre environment preferred
- Organized, proactive with exceptional attention to detail.
- Suitable for an individual who enjoys working with the public and in a team environment.
- Must have the flexibility to work on a rotating roster.
- Valid Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol and Food Hygiene Certificates.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Excellent benefits include:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, Family and Friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
- Associate recognition and training programs
- Discounted CBD parking
- Strategic career development opportunities
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.